Saturday, August 14, 2010

Today, I'm figuring something out.

Some people never get over their first loves. They spend their whole lives trying to recapture the thrill.
 
 It's a great feeling to know that he couldn't let go of you either.
No relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater...The love we have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And that's the key. It's like a big pie chart, and the love in a relationship has to be the biggest piece. Love can make up for a lot.
You and I were meant to be. Period. End of story. Cue happy ending music. 
It's funny how we always find ourselves running back to the ones we swore we'd leave behind. There is always this kind of magic thing. Keeps us turning around.
 
Sometimes you have to be strong for yourself. You have to know that you're a good person and a good friend. What's meant to be will end up good and what's not - wont. Love is worth fighting for, but sometimes you cant be the only one fighting. At times, people need to fight for you. If they don't, you just have to move on and realize what you gave them was more than they were willing to give you. Hopefully, people realize great things when they come around and don't lose something real. Always fight, until you can't anymore, and then be fought for.
I used to constantly look for people to replace you. Someone to talk to everyday, someone to trust, someone to believe in, someone to love, someone to have the time of my life with. I stopped though. I learned some people really can't be replaced. 
The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago, my whole heart, and I never really got it back.
Without even realizing it, you taught me a lot of things. not only about life, but how its okay to feel something extraordinary about someone.
A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are
It's the possibility that keeps us going. 
Not the guarantee.

Good luck Shelbea, Amber,  and Analese. Kick butt;]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks hun. The girl with the most luck in the world secretly let me use it for a day.

    ReplyDelete