Sunday, July 5, 2009

Riding in, stealing Cinderella.

One. The secret to being happy is not having everything be perfect. It's seeing past the imperfections.

Two. So lets go on pretending we're something we're not. That seems to be the trend these days. Lets pretend we're in love, but, between you and me, that's as close as we'll ever get.

Three. You're not crazy until you have to hold onto the grass to keep from falling off the earth.

Four. We sat there, staring in each others' eyes. It was weird, being just friends again. I knew you wanted me just like I wanted you but I knew you didn't want me to break your heart just like I didn't want to break yours. It was weird.

Five. Because you're hoping you're wrong. Everytime he does something wrong, that tells you he's no good, you ignore it. And everytime he comes through and surprises you, you fall for him again and you win that never-ending argument with yourself. The one that's over whether he's worth it or not.

Six. Stranger things have happened. Stranger things have been loved.

Seven. I just got it. I just finally understood. That deep, dark, bad side of you isn't secret at all. God knows it better than you do and he admires you for not living it.

Eight. You're just a girl all the boys want to dance with and I'm just a boy taking too many chances.

Nine. You said you'd keep me honest but I won't call you on it.

Ten. "Don't you dare lay a hand on her!" "What if she wants me to?"

No comments:

Post a Comment