Thursday, April 29, 2010

Today, I hate people who think they know everything.

I'll always love you, I know you know that, and I know in my heart, that you're coming back.
Well, I hope you have a nice time being your crazy, no-cares-in-the-world self, and that you stay safe and strong. I'll be here while you're gone. Never stop singing of your dreams.
The problem was, you wouldn't have one without the other. There couldn't be a bad guy unless there was a good guy to create the standard. There couldn't be a good guy until a bad guy showed just how far off the path he might stray.
Love means loving someone even when you don't feel like liking them that day.
I just want to fall into your arms when nothing is going my way and I want you to hold me and tell me everything is going to be okay.
And at this point, I'd just settle for friendship. Or maybe a single hello, one of the ten times we pass each other during the day. It's not like you don't know me.
I'm sitting under stars; watching them fall;  tell me, do you miss me where you are?
They still want each other; they still need each other more than anything in the world. They're just taking a long time to figure it all out.
I remember being young. Having crushes that weren't longer than a week. Valentine's days came around and everyone knew they'd get a cute little card that said something cheesy, but cute to us. I remember putting his last name with my first and it went so well together. I was young, but even then I believed in love.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I'm alone. I believe in God even when He's silent.
Do you think the reason we fight so much is because we can't face the fact that we might still be in love?
Would it be okay with you if I made sure you're the only man I will ever kiss again?
As great as we could have been, we weren't. And there's no point of dwelling on what we could have had 'cause it won't happen. You didn't waste your time, I did.
Tell your family that you love them everyday, give your best friend the biggest hug in the world, and cherish every moment you share with your lover, because you never know when it will be your last time experiencing it.Replace the fear of the unknown with curiosity.
Maybe you had to leave in order to really miss a place; maybe you had to travel to figure out how beloved your starting point was.
So they locked themselves in his car, got lost in each others eyes and sang to the radio. He whispered in her ear and she'd laugh at his silly jokes, even if they were pointless. He'd grab her hand and not let go. He had no idea how happy it made her. She'd rest her head on his shoulder, close her eyes, and listen to their song. When he kissed her forehead, she memorized the touch of his lips. She didn't want to leave anytime soon, and he'd give her his jacket if she said she was cold. It would be three in the morning, but they'd still be tangled in each other. She knew he was something special. It was different how he moved her cause even when he told her "goodnight", it still felt like "hello".
But she couldn't go back to being the girl she'd been before she met him; that girl was gone.
Love is not about "It's your fault" but "I'm sorry." Not "Where are you?" but "I'm right here." Not "How could you?" but "I understand." Not "I wish you were" but "I'm thankful you are."
There are three types of people you'll meet. The one you should have never met, the one you should never have let go of, and the one you've been looking for your whole life.
Somewhere, someone knows all the words to the song you're singing.
Some dreams never get realized. Some hopes never get their chance. Some aspirations hide away, and some wishes are never spoken. Then again, some fires never burn out.
It's funny how the less you talk, the more you begin to realize it was not meant to be. It's funny how slow it began, and how fast it ended. It's funny how in the beginning he liked you, but in the end he like someone else. It's funny how he meant everything to you, but you meant nothing to him.
And you never ever let me in.
Take one breath and then take another. Repeat these simple steps until you feel like you're doing better. Take one breath. Let the calm of it consume you. Everybody knows that it's never fair.
Dear new girlfriend; treat him okay. He always acts tough around his friends, but it's just an act. Laugh at his jokes, even when they're not funny. It makes him happy. Never be the one to let go of his hugs first, it puts a huge smile on his face. Realize you have a great guy when you're dating him - because I never did.
"I need to know that you're not gonna wake up in the morning and feel differently"
"And I can't give you that. Nobody can."
 When I see you smile and know that it is not for me, that is when I will miss you the most.
Sometimes, the questions are complicated and the answers are simple. But the most common situation is that the questions are always simple, but the answers are confusing.
Sometimes you've got to fall, just to remember how far from the bottom you are.
I'm done crying, and I'm done visualizing ways to inflict pain upon you. I'm done with you.
Life was too short to be with someone who wasn’t quite right, someone who made you think more than they made you feel.
You can be the heart that I spill on these pages.
You ripped through me like bullet holes, left stains on the sheets and stains on my soul.
“I love her and that’s the beginning of everything.”
If it means nothing to you why do you sing with me at all?
She wears a heart that can melt my own.
I don't mean to close the door, but for the record my heart is sore.
I miss you more than I should, more than I thought I could.
I am very interested and fascinated how everyone loves each other, but no one really likes each other.
I'm gonna shake you off, get up on a horse and ride into the sunset, looking back with no remorse.
And I wish that I weren't here tonight, but this is my life.

3 comments:

  1. This is brilliant reading all of these makes my day better

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes i think you're writing about me, and then i realize we all love the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just made my day(:

    ReplyDelete