Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Today, I hate compasses.

Please don't blame yourself for this mess I call me.
I never wanted anything other than to be your everything.
If I tell you I love you can I keep you forever?
True strength is holding it all together when everyone is expecting you to fall apart.
Let me be angry... please. It is the only way that I can keep you from seeing how much I really need you.
Sometimes the happiest people you know are the saddest people you will ever meet.
If you really, truly love someone, you can't stay mad at them forever. As much as you want to hate them for what they've done, your heart won't let you.
Feelings never change. You just learn how to hide them.
I wish I had the guts to walk away and forget about what we had. But, I can't, because I know you won't come after me, and I guess that's what hurts the most.
I just don't want to miss you tonight.
I didn’t wanna be that girl that cries herself to sleep.
You're everything I've wanted. You're beautiful. You're reckless. And a little sad. You know it's the sadness that got me right from the start. I wanted to make it go away, and for a time I thought I had. It's pretty stupid, huh? You like the sadness. You cling to it, and in the end it will be all you have.
And she hurt herself in little ways. Running her knuckles along a brick wall to cut the skin, hitting a mirror until it cracked and the shards pricked her. All calls of attention, so her boy wouldn't leave.
In the end, it’s worked out because we both want it to. As long as you two have that, you’ll be able to make it through anything.
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you.
I've never slept better when all I could smell on my pillow was the scent of you.
I read once that the ancient Egyptians had fifty words for sand & that the Eskimos has a hundred words for snow. I wish I had a thousand words for love, but all that comes to mind is the way you move against me when you sleep and there are no words for that.
Well the day has come, where I've never thought of anyone quite as much as I think of you.
She's a fighter when she's mad and a lover when she's loving.
You're the definition of the absolute best. You're the reason I get through life when it's a total mess.
I'll be your sunshine when you're in the rain. I'll give you my happiness and I'll take pain.
Then looking upwards I strained my eyes and try to tell the difference between shooting stars and satellites.
The way you fit into my arms at night, I'll remember that feeling for the rest of my life.
All he knew was that they fit somehow and that he felt as if he spent most of his life traveling a path that led inexorably to her.
He kissed me, then. Really put his arms around me and kissed me. it went through my body like he had flipped some electrical switch and lit me up. His skin was so warm, and he was suddenly so beautiful, and I thought, oh, this is what all the hype is about.
I like that someone like you sees something in me.
But we still would have wound up together. No matter what kind of life I had, you'd be at the end of it.
I'd think she'd think me crazy to hear that I only want to hold her hand for the rest of all my life.
If the world should ever fall apart around you and if you're lost and barely breathing - I will find you and carry you back home.
A successful relationship requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.
The instant their lips first met, there was a flicker of something almost electrical that made her believe the feeling would last forever. But then again, maybe it was just dizziness because she hadn't eaten.
And you think I would miss this, this poetic kind of thinking in which every inch of me hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment