Saturday, January 16, 2010

Today, I hate sprinting.

They may be bigger but we're faster and never scared.
Actually, no, I'm not okay. I need someone to give me a hug. I need to hear that I'm worth something.
Everyone has two sides to themselves: one they show to the world and one they keep to themselves.
She fell asleep on my chest. She slept peacefully for ten minutes but then, suddenly, her little hand balled up in a little fist. Her eyes squeezed shut. She started to breathe heavily. Her little body started to shake. Then, with a gasp, she woke up. I looked at her, confused but she just smiled at me. Like it happened every night.
I'll screw up. I'll push you away if we're getting too close. I won't trust you until you've proven yourself. I get hurt easily and take a lot of things personally. But I'll love you with everything I have, and if that isn't enough, then I'm not enough.
Every atom of me missed him.
When you walk away from someone and there's no gravitational pull, that's when you know you're doing the right thing.
"Dear Girls (from us guys)"
Don’t assume that guys won’t care where you are, because we do.
It makes us feel secure to know that our girlfriends aren’t off flirting with guys we’ve never heard of.
Also, don’t talk about your ex-boyfriends.
We never have, nor ever will respect or like them, nor do we want to hear about them.
When you do, you’re asking your boyfriend to be jealous.
You’re asking your boyfriend to lose trust.
On that, don’t hump everything that walks into the room.
We don’t care if you talk to other guys.
We don’t care if you’re friends with other guys.
But when you’re sitting next to us, and some random guy walks into the room and you jump up and tackle him, without even introducing us, yeah, it pisses us off.
It doesn’t help if you sit there and talk to him for ten minutes without even acknowledging the fact that we’re still there.
Also, when we tell you you’re pretty/ beautiful/ gorgeous/ cute/ stunning, we freaking mean it.
Don’t tell us we’re wrong.
We’ll stop trying to convince you.
The sexiest thing about a girl is confidence.
Yeah, you can quote me.
Don’t be mad when we hold the door open.
Smile and say "thank you."
Let us pay for you.
Don’t "feel bad."
We enjoy doing it.
It’s expected.
Smile and say - everybody together now - "thank you."
Kiss us when no one’s watching.
If you kiss us when you know nobody’s looking we’ll be more impressed.
You don’t have to get dressed up for us.
If we’re going out with you in the first place, you don’t have to feel the need to wear the shortest skirt you have, put on every kind of makeup you own.
We like you for WHO you are and not WHAT you are.
Don’t flirt with guys when we’re not around.
We’ll find out. Trust us.
We have eyes everywhere.
And when we find out, we’re pissed.
Not necessarily with the guys you flirted with, more-so with you.
Don’t take everything we say seriously.
Sarcasm is a beautiful thing. See the beauty in it.
Don’t get angry easily.
Stop using magazines/media as your bible.
Don’t talk about how hot Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt is in front of us.
It’s boring, and we don’t care.
You have girlfriends for that.
Whatever happened to the word "handsome"?
Why does everything have to be "hot/sexy"?
I’d be utterly stunned by a girl who greeted me with "Hey handsome!" instead of "Hey baby/ stud/ cutie/ sexy" or whatever else you can think of.
Claiming girls or guys to be "hot" shows immaturity.
Girls, I cannot stress this enough: if you aren’t being treated right by a guy, don’t wait for him to change.
Ditch his sorry, disgrace-to-the-male-population ass, and find someone who will treat you with utter respect.
Someone who will honor your morals.
Someone who will make you smile when you’re at your lowest."
The hardest part is waking up in the morning is remembering what you had been trying so hard to forget last night.
In five years, will this matter?
All I know is that I want to dance with you at my wedding.
He'd never tell you, but he can play guitar.
She left, just like you did.
And you said, "It's a challenge not to give up on you."
All those other girls... Well, they're beautiful but would they write a song for you?
Let's go somewhere special where I can have you all to myself.
She says she's fine, but she's going insane. She says she feels good, but she's in a lot of pain. She says it's nothing, but its really a lot. She says she's okay, but really, she's not. 
You know what the difference between memories and promises is? We break promises and memories break us.
Put my Nikes on that laid on your bedroom floor, had them laced up and headed to the door.  Flipped the hoodie over my head,  and forgot everything you said.

No comments:

Post a Comment