Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Today, I hate floor-burns.

No one can sing it like you.
He will never be completely yours because he will always carry a part of me.
I hope you drop a penny off of the Empire State building, and decide you really liked that penny, and jump after it. 
I know I have a heart because I can feel it breaking.
Sometimes I have doubts as to whether or not we'll work out but then you remind me of every reason we might.

But most of all, you were suppose to have been mine, but you never even gave me that chance.
But love, I've come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day.
It would be so nice to wake up and see you tangled in the sheets next to me.
It's hard for decent people to stay angry at someone who has burst into tears, which is why it is often a good idea to burst into tears if a decent person is yelling at you. 

I can't talk to you anymore, it's not that I am mad at you, it's just that when I talk to you I realize how much I love you and when I realize how much I love you, I realize I can't have you and that makes me love you even more. 
You're the prettiest lady in my whole world.
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart do not know how to laugh either.
I don't miss him, I miss who I thought he was.
 
But as time went on, it was easier to understand what happened. It was hard to watch you sing and not fall in love with you. It was hard to watch you do anything and not fall in love with you. I'd like to believe the only reason I lost out is because you two were meant for each other. 
Be happy and have a good life.
The pain of having a broken heart is not so much as to kill you, yet not so little as to let you live.
The thing I miss the most is the early morning car rides with you.
I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
You can't ever let go of all the feelings but you need to let go of him.
 
I wonder, when you look into my eyes and watch my heart shatter, does it break your heart too, even crack it a little bit?
Most people are walking around, umbilical cord in hand, looking for a new place to plug it in.
A great love? It's when you shed tears for him but still you care for him. It's when he ignored you but you still long for him. It's when he starts loving another, and yet you manage a smile and find the courage to say "I'm happy for you."

I'm breaking my heart tonight to see what's inside of it.
I'm not over you because I don't like you anymore, I'm over you because I've realized that you're never going to want me like I want you.
And there you are... holding her hand... and I'm lost... trying to understand...
I want to be happy because he is happy but how can I be happy knowing that I'm not the one making him smile?


 
We talked about old times and it made me smile because you didn't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment