Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm nothing but an ugly pinecone... [Dedicated to Kristi on her birthday.]

She's not an ordinary girl, you can see it in her eyes.
And watching her, it breaks his heart because he already knows.
So when the clouds hide the sun and the skies are all grey, remember that I'm just a phone call away.
He was handsome and he was charming and I've always had a thing for charmers.
Do you believe in love at first site? Me neither. I'm glad that we agreed.
I hope someday you'll find all my quotes, all my words, and you'll read them all. I hope you'll know that they're about you, and when you read them, I hope that at least a single tear will run down your pretty face.
She's got love in the palm of her hand but she's not strong enough to hold on.
So take this razor and sign your name on my wrists so everyone knows you're the one who did this to me.
So pull me closer and kiss me harder. I don't care how wrong it is.
She whispers, "I'm afraid of falling." He smiles and says, "Baby, I have wings."
We danced out there on that hardwood floor, chairs up and the lights turned way down low. The music played and we held each other close.
I'm leaving because you never asked me to stay.
I was sitting there as you held me. I could tell you were watching her. I know that you think you were holding the wrong person.
You saw her today, I know you did. Your eyes shined with the warmth of her smile and you didn't hold me as tight.
I was told to never look back, to keep walking. & the minute I looked over my shoulder, I saw everything I ever gave up on. All the things I let go, and all the people who let go of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment