Saturday, December 12, 2009

Today, I hate perfect people.

Damn girl, dry your eyes.
Without you, I just feel like piece of me is missing.

My theory was that if I kept my distance for long enough, you'd realize what you were missing. You didn't.
Don't get your hopes up, babe.
And now we can stand side-by-side, and still be miles apart.
I find myself funny and yet I'm not laughing.
I had to go my way and you had to go yours but that certainly doesn't mean I didn't love you with everything I had.
I feel a pressure in my chest when I think of how we used to be.
You were never supposed to mean this much to me.
He said, "You make my organs sloosh around inside of me." I blushed, flattered, when I really should have been calling 911.
I don't hate you. Sure, you hurt me and you disappointed me. You made me so very angry and I thought you had abandoned me but hate never entered the equation.
Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.
I just want to be friends with you but everytime I hear your name, I still feel a little something I can't let go.
They said we stood a little too close, stared a little too long. They probably thought we had a little thing for each other. But, no. That would be silly.
Just for the record, today's weather is slightly sarcastic.
I DON'T FEEL LIKE TALKING. JUST COME SIT CLOSE AND WRAP YOUR ARMS AROUND ME. THAT'S ALL I NEED RIGHT NOW.

P.S. I enabled public comments so I would really appreciate it if you dropped a line. :]

1 comment:

  1. Hey. I love this blog and I've been wanting to leave a comment for a very long time but I wasn't a member. I love your quotes!
    Love, Danielle.

    ReplyDelete