Monday, December 7, 2009

Today, I hate spotlights.

Everybody stumbles sometimes and needs a hand to hold.
I love sleep. My life tends to fall apart when I'm awake, ya know?
You remind me of a song I used to love.
You can erase someone from your mind, but getting them out of your heart is another story.
We talked about old times and it made me smile because you didn't forget.
If I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?
I left you with nothing but a few tears in my eyes.
He held me way too long to be considered platonic but I didn't try to stop him. I let my head fall on his shoulder and I breathed his scent of rain in. His hands fell in the right place - one on the small of my back and one between my shoulder blades. They were big and warm and they made me feel so very safe.
Your picture is still up on my wall. Its not even a very good picture of you. I've seen more attractive boys but there's something about that smile on your face that brings tears to my eyes. I've always loved that smile.
Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid to lose them.
And darn fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make something simple.
My heart is tied to you. Sadly, my lips are not.
We do not change as we grow older. We become more clearly ourselves.
And I became very sad because I realized that once people are broken in certain ways, they can't ever be fixed.
This too shall pass.
~~ Everything leaves a mark. ~~
At the end of the day, you either focus on what tears you apart or what holds you together.
Boy, you make my heart beat uncontrollably.
And she's scared because she's starting to realize how much he means to her.
And after all this time, the sun never says to the earth, "Hey, kid, you owe me." See what a love like that does? It lights up the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment